Public Affairs — Strategic Advantage in the Battle of Ideas
Polarization, partisanship and the lightning pace of modern communications make achieving public policy goals more challenging than ever. Success requires strategic thinking, seamless coordination and precise execution with hands-on, minute-to-minute management.
Our Public Affairs team offers more than 25 years of experience and successful communications leadership, built on a foundation of policy knowledge and strong relationships with influential federal, state and local elected, appointed and administrative officials; federal and state regulators; NGO leaders and activists; academics and experts; community and civic leaders; and journalists.
Public policy is a battle of ideas, and the tactics necessary to win each battle differ. But the tactics also share a common trait — they are proactive and shape the discussion; they do not wait for events to unfold. We study the issues, analyze data, build coalitions, organize grassroots support and position our clients as thought leaders in pursuit of the legislative and regulatory victories that are most important to their organizations.
Public Affairs Services
- Issue management, communications strategy and message development
- Crisis communications and litigation support
- Grassroots-organizing, coalition-building and advocacy
- White papers, speeches, infographics and presentations
- News media strategy, monitoring and response
- Daily, on-the-ground interaction with policymakers, legislators, lobbyists and influential reporters
- Support of federal and state lobbying activities
- Analysis of community issues, interests and stakeholders