An Infographic is Worth a Thousand Words, If Not More
Posted on: March 22, 2012
Earlier this month, Behan Communications entered the world of infographics to support an industry group with a compelling — but complicated — story.
Infographics are a hot trend, and with good reason. With an informational graphic, complex concepts can be explained in an easy-to-follow, visually appealing format. Fast Company, a magazine big on innovation and design, has been a proponent — and heavy user — of infographics for a while now, and explains why here.
We wanted to tell the important story of biomass energy. Biomass energy is renewable, but it is not as well known (or well understood) as other forms of renewable energy, such as solar and wind.
Biomass is the organic matter in living plants, including trees and agricultural crops. Ever since humans began burning wood for heat, biomass has been a source of energy.
The New York Biomass Alliance, a coalition of individuals and businesses dedicated to educate and advocate for the role of biomass in reducing fossil fuel reliance and meeting local and national energy goals, continually looks for ways to tell the biomass story. In working with the Alliance and one of its members, ReEnergy Holdings, we decided to create an infographic to describe the many positive attributes of biomass energy.
I don’t need words to tell the story. Our infographic, masterfully designed by our Chief Creative Officer, Troy Burns, tells it all.
— Sarah Boggess
- Why we do what we do: http://t.co/qsWR1dFT #PublicRelations #PR #PublicAffairs #Marketing
- We are seeking candidates for Project Manager positions. More info: http://t.co/kD8Q0hBh
- Humor sells: @HiltonHotels teams up with @TheOnion to create an advertising campaign to attract younger customers. http://t.co/9ISYhEyr
Search our site
Most Popular Posts
Most Recent Posts
- Mark Westcott Joins Behan Communications Inc.
- A Lesson in Organizational Change – Coming Soon to Your Local Arena
- NFL, Refs Jeopardize a Super Brand
- 7 Ways to Better Organize Your Social Media Efforts
- How “Brave” are your ideas?
- Summer School is in Session for Behan Interns
- What to Do and What Not to Do with #Hashtags
- Citibank Left the Gate Open With Commercial
- An Infographic is Worth a Thousand Words, If Not More
- Mobilize Your Marketing